After you have seen in the previous article what it is and how to remove adware, in this I will try to explain instead what is , how to remove and most importantly, how to avoid another type of malicious software that the spyware .
What is spyware?
The spyware (pronounced spàiuer ) is not a virus but rather a type of malware , designed with the aim of collecting, without your consent, the most information possible when you surf on the Internet (such as Web sites visited, e-mail addresses , passwords, home banking , credit card numbers, etc.) and then sends this valuable information to someone who will use them for profit in any way. How’d you get it?
There are basically two ways in which you can have the contract: the first, occurs when navigating on particular websites, or agrees to install certain plugins / extensions (which you are offered for your browser ) or because, quite simply, are exploited the vulnerabilities in your browser to date; the second, it’s made unknowingly when you install programs or games for free (kind of freeware or shareware ) downloaded from certain websites (as well as other sources). accorgerti How did you get that?
Let’s say that there is not a definite answer to this question, but you may notice that suddenly appear on your computer windows or pop-up advertising (even when you’re not surfing), noting that the home page or search engine of your browser were inexplicably changed (and, despite trying to restore them, they come back as before) or noticing, always in your browser, the presence of the toolbar and / or file extensions that previously were not there, but mostly you realize that your computer is having many more errors and crashes than before and, in particular, seems much slower than usual (this happens because of the resources that are used to track your activities) so getting you to think that the fault is due to the hardware of your computer ( and perhaps thinking that formatting the operating system is the only remedy, but in reality it is not).
How to remove spyware and malware from your PC?
Spyware is more difficult to remove than other programs of this kind. However, to eliminate all forms of spyware, malware and other unwanted software, just download an excellent free program, simple and at the same time very effective, called ComboFix (compatible with Windows XP 32-bit, Vista, and 7, unofficially, even with Windows 8 and 8.1 in both 32 and 64 bit):
To use ComboFix just download it , run it and wait patiently for it to finish its work (for more information on how to use it, you should in any case to follow closely this official guide). Given its effectiveness, it must be said, however, that ComboFix should be used only in situations of emergency, or in all those cases in which the system is particularly infected or, anyway, in the presence of spyware and / or malware somewhat difficult to remove (this is because , being a very powerful, if used inappropriately, ComboFix may even cause damage to the operating system, however, to avoid potential problems, however, are the precautions taken in this regard). So if you just want to make sure that your computer there is spyware, malware or other software of this kind, instead just use what I consider the best anti malware free or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (to know how to use it, I invite you to read this article ).
How to avoid spyware and malware?
Let’s start by saying that there is a particular way to defend against all spyware and that not all programs (or games) that are free on the Internet contain spyware. However, to avoid contracting of new spyware, malware or other unwanted software, just follow a few simple trick:
- keep the operating system, antivirus, anti-spyware / anti-malware, browser and all your programs up to date as much as possible by installing the latest updates, the latest patches and the latest versions of the programs, will close possible loopholes and vulnerabilities that could be easily exploited by all these malicious programs;
- always uses also a firewall (both that of the operating system, either, if there is, that of the modem / router): in this way will reduce the likelihood of possible intrusions by these software (but not only);
- before clicking anything on the Internet to check the ‘ URL to which it points : a link, your mouse pointer should always have the shape of a hand (as in this case) then just switch over the link (without clicking) and look at what is the destination to which reference should be made (so you’ll have an idea of what you are about to open);
- Enable pop-up blocking through your browser and / or your antivirus and if you have to close a banner , a window or a popup, do not do that by clicking OK on Next or accept rather click on whether X or, limit, press on the keyboard ALT + F4 (which is equivalent to the command Close );
- download programs only from reputable websites (for example, by the manufacturer’s official website) and, when you install a program, do not click it as soon as possible on Next : better read calmly what you’re going to install in your computer. Also, if you’re not sure of the reliability of a program, informed by doing a simple search on the Internet in this way you can check if the program contains no spyware, malware or other unwanted software;
- avoids crack , keygen and any other type of pirated software (especially if programs are downloaded via P2P ) is precisely the main resources that are exploited to spread these malicious programs;
- Do not click on links for any reason or on attachments contained in messages of spam (if you’re not sure of the reliability of a message before you open it, you could see if that email address actually exists );
- Finally, watch out for fake antispyware that by offering free scans, detecting massive amounts of spyware but only after promising to remove a possible purchase of the fake program.
At this point, you should no longer run the risk of installing spyware on your PC, malware or other unwanted software because now you know what it is, how to remove , and most importantly how to prevent , spyware .