Let’s see how to restore Google Chrome to its initial settings.
Restoring Google Chrome can be useful if you encounter any malfunction or Web Browser to solve various problems such as the installation of additional extensions or toolbars.
To restore Google Chrome to its factory default open Chrome .
We click the Customize and control Google Chrome (it’s the icon with the three horizontal lines at the top right).
We click on Settings .
At the bottom of the page click on Show Advanced Settings …
In the section Restoring Settings (at the bottom of the page) we click on Restore Settings .
In the Restore settings we click on Restore .
If the check box Help make Google Chrome indicating the current settings is selected will be sent to Google (anonymously) information to enable analysis of the data in order to prevent future unwanted changes.
The Web Browser will be closed and will start the procedure to restore Google Chrome with the original default values.
If the recovery is successful at the end of steps will be taken to a page with written Success .
WHAT SETTINGS ARE RESTORED
Let’s see what are the settings that change if we choose to use the function to restore Google Chrome:
• settings are restored the default search engine and search engine stored
• the Home button is hidden and the URL previously set is removed
• the default tabs that open on startup are eliminated
• The New Tab page will be blank unless there is a version of Google Chrome with an extension able to check it; in this case the page will be kept
locked • tabs are unlocked
• the content settings will be deleted and will reset to the default installation settings
• cookies will be deleted
• site data will be deleted
• extensions are disabled
• themes will disabled
WHAT TO DO IF YOU CAN NOT RESTORE GOOGLE CHROME
If you can not restore Google Chrome to its factory defaults or if after performing the restore does not fix your problem is likely installed on your computer unwanted program can update the settings of the Web browser.
If you see pop-up windows with ads advertising or other that can not be deleted or if we fail to set the desired homepage we search to identify and eliminate malware and other unwanted programs.